Seems like the easter bunny was hatched abit early this year.... As I've told you earlier I love crafting for holidays so I started early with easter this year. I'm planning to make a lot of these to hang on a small tree.
Its quite easy but abit time consuming since you have to be careful not to brake the egg. This is how I did it.
1. Make a hole in the egg with a sharp knife. Remove eggshell so that you get the opening that you want. Be careful when doing this.
2. Laquer the egg several times inside and out to build up durability. Dry between layers.
3. Even tough you do'nt see it on the picture the egg is covered in Ice glitter. I add decoupage glue and srinkle glitter on top. I build up several layers to get the right look.
4. With a needle make a small hole on top of egg. Careful!! Enlarge hole with needle. Insert ribbon. Tie knot on the ribbon inside the egg.
5. Glue a piece of white floral oasis on the bottom of the egg. Glue White feathers on top.
6. Print any image you like on thick paper. (Or as I did, use sprayglue to mount normal paper onto cardbox) Cut out.
7. Glue a match stick to the back of the bunny. Stick match into oasis. (If you make several figures in different sizes you can create a layered effect.)
8. Decorate with fake flowers, pearls etc around the opening. (I did'nt have any white flowers like I wanted...so I just kept it simple with feathers)